·Conception, design, and tolerance of complex optical beam shaping systems
·Development of methods or workflows for optics simulation and design tasks
·Technical support of development projects based on conception via in-house production to final acceptance and installation at customers
·Planning, execution, and evaluation of experiments in a cleanroom environment
·Responsibility of the continuous improvement process: determination of cost-cutting potentials, increase efficiency or improvement of quality and customer satisfaction
· Ensure high product quality through close cooperation with production departments
·Collaboration with product-management, supply-chain management (internal) and suppliers (external) to create load and specification specifications for optical specifications
·Successfully completed studies of physics, technical optics or equivalent
·At least 5 years of professional experiencein the design of optical systems
·Very good knowledge in the field of classical optical design by means of ray tracing: imaging errors, design of imaging systems and calculation of tolerances
·In-depth knowledge of Zemax / Code V concerning modelling of optical systems (sequential and non-sequential)
·Knowledge concerning calculation of optical tolerances and their representation in accordance with ISO10110
·Knowledge of the current and required standards, standards and guidelines; z.B. ISO 10110, ISO 11145, ISO11146, etc.
·Experience in handling high-performance lasers and / or UV lasers desirable
·Safe use of at least one programming language (preferably Python)
·Experience in programming wave-optical simulations is advantageous
·German and English fluent in words and writing
·Russian fluent in word and writing desirable
We are looking for an expert who has rich experiences on KW level fiber coupled diode laser module optical design, process design and application. The candidate should have solid background in optical fundamental theory and knowledge. This position will report to R&D Director in Xi’an, China. We will provide competitive salary and benefits package in local.
1. Lead the development of high-power (KW) fiber coupled module diode laser product for pumping, material processing, surface treatment application. Based on bar-based diode laser device, such as vertical stack with water cooling or single bar laser with conduction cooling. IR and blue wavelength fiber coupled product will be developed.
2. Responsible for optical design and optical assembly process design of fiber coupled products, and evaluate the feasibility, manufacturability, and reliability of the product design.
3. Identify and solve potential technical problems throughout the development process, guide the analysis and resolution of optical process problems, and ensure the process stability in volume production.
4. Organize the optical team to carry out general optical technology and process research and improve the team's product development capabilities.
5. Participate in the planning of fiber coupled product and technology roadmap, establish and optimize the product and process platform for beam shaping and fiber coupled product.
1. Education background: major in optics, mechanics, etc., master's degree or above.
2. In-depth research and rich experience in the technical route of high-power fiber coupled laser module product based on bar technology, Thermal management technology for high-power coupling products, high beam quality optical shaping technology, and Stray light elimination technology.
3. Solid professional knowledge and professionalism in science and engineering.
4. Think logically, think creatively, think proactively.
5. Good English capability in listening, speaking, reading, and writing, English can be used as work language.
6. Good communication and collaboration skills.
Ireland is preferred，home office is acceptable, can travel up to 20% time to China to work with the project team in Xi’an.
We are looking for a highly motivated optical system expert who have experience on laser optical system design and development, experience on lithography, laser lift-off, laser annealing optical system design and development will be preferred. This position will report to R&D Manager in Xi’an, China. We will provide competitive salary and benefits package in local.
1. Development and optimization of optics, opto-mechanical and opto-electronic systems
2. Elaboration of holistic optical solutions, construction, experimental optimization, optical characterization
3. Technical support for development projects starting with the conception through in-house production to final acceptance and installation at the customer.
4. Further development of products and processes by means of independent planning
5. Responsibility for the continuous improvement process: determination of cost reduction potential, increased efficiency or improvement of quality and customer satisfaction
6. Guarantee of high product quality through close cooperation with the production departments.
7. Cooperation with product management and production to further develop existing and new products.
8. Technical project management for complex development projects
1. Successfully completed engineering studies specializing in technical optics, mechanical engineering, physical technology or similar.
2. Min. 10 years of professional experience in the field of system engineering or
3. optical system development, Semiconductor/FPD/Material processing industry experience is preferred.
4. Be the chief engineer to setup system architecture and define sub-system/module interface.
5. guide sub-system engineer on product development.
6. Ideally project management experience
7. Very good knowledge of optics and / or laser technology
8. Very good knowledge of CAD SolidWorks
9. Knowledge of the common and required norms, standards, and guidelines, e.g., ISO 11145, IEC 60825, CE, SEMI, S-Mark
10. Independent and goal-oriented way of working.
11. Solution-oriented communication within the team
12. High quality awareness
13. Fluent written and spoken English, German is plus.
Ireland is preferred, home office is acceptable, can travel ~20% time to China to meet project team.